Shannon & Shannon-Erne Navigations
Winter Mooring Period 2015-2016
- Waterways Ireland wishes to advise masters that the winter mooring period for public harbours on the above navigations will commence on 1 Nov 2015 and end on the 31 Mar 2016.
- Masters are advised that collection of the associated charge, in arrears, has ceased and they are now requested to pay the winter mooring fee of €63.50 prior to 1 Nov 2015.
- Masters are furthered reminded that Bye-law 17. Mooring and Use of Harbours i.e the “5 Day Rule”, continues to apply during this period and that masters not wishing to avail of winter mooring should continue to observe the mooring time limits for public harbours.
- Payment may be made by cheque, bank draft or postal order, made payable to Waterways Ireland, to the office below. Credit/Debit Card payments may be made by contacting Finance Section, Waterways Ireland, Enniskillen, Tel: 048 6632 3004 (from ROI).
- Masters should also note that fresh water and electricity supply may not be available during this period at public moorings therefore any on-board services which may be depending on this electrical supply should have an alternative source of power.
- Masters are reminded that if availing of winter mooring that they continue to routinely monitor their vessels especially during periods of adverse weather and also be aware of rising/falling water levels that will require adjustment of mooring lines.
- Vessels berthed in public harbours are at the owners risk at all times.Waterways Ireland thanks its customers for their co-operation.
Charles Lawn, Inspector of Navigation, Athlone, Co. Westmeath, 22 Sep 2015