Rowing Regatta – Sunday 6 August 2017
Navigation and Mooring Restrictions
- Waterways Ireland wishes to advise all masters and users of the Shannon Navigation of navigation and mooring restrictions in Carrick- on- Shannon to facilitate the Rowing Club Regatta on Sunday 6 Aug 2017.
- Waterways Ireland will monitor access to the floating jetties from Monday 31July.
- The Regatta will be held on a 400 metres stretch of water immediately south of the town bridge commencing at 08:00hr and finishing at approx. 18.00hr on Sunday 6 Aug 2017.
- Craft wishing to make a through passage will be facilitated every 2 hrs approximately, during the course of the regatta.
- Masters should note that ONLY vessels of an overall length of 22ft. / 6.8m or less will be permitted on the floating jetties from Fri 4 to Sun 6 Aug inclusive.
- This is necessary in the interest of marine safety and to facilitate the laying of the competition course.
- Vessels berthed from Friday 4th at 16.00hr will be required to remain in place until racing finishes at approx 18.00hr on Sunday 6th. August.
- No vessels should approach the jetties between 16.00hr Friday and approx 18.00hr Sunday as the entrance to the berths will be closed off and manoeuvring room will be severely restricted due to the proximity of the course.
- Masters are advised to proceed at slow speed and with due caution and to take note of advice from course marshals when passing through the area.
Waterways Ireland takes this opportunity to thank its customers for their co-operation with these arrangements.
Charles Lawn, Inspector of Navigation, 3 Jul 2017